Dr. Brian S. Boxer Wachler
Who is “Dr. Brian”?
He is a highly sought after eye surgeon and is known as “The Surgeon’s Surgeon” since so many other surgeons come to Dr. Brian for surgery on their own eyes – including eye surgeons, brain surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, and breast cancer surgeons to just name a few.
Doctors representing all parts of the Medical field commonly fly in from around the United States and outside countries to have Dr. Brian treat them with his unique and proprietary treatments. His surgery patients also include many Registered Nurses and Pharmacists. Dr. Brian is also sought after by numerous celebrities, film and TV stars, famous musicians, professional athletes, CEOs, and goverment leaders in the United States and abroad who literally have millions of dollars on the line and trust only Dr. Brian with their eyes.
One of Dr. Brian’s special qualities is that although he sees patients from all “walks of life” (famous and non-famous), Dr. Brian is described as one of the most “down to earth” doctors people have met. Everyone receives the same high quality of care regardless if you are a famous celebrity or a manual laborer in the field. He has a special empathy for all people who have eye problems and his career mission is to help everyone who needs him.
HOW CAN A ‘BEVERLY HILLS DOCTOR’ BE “DOWN-TO-EARTH”?
Answer: Partly because the type of person Dr. Brian is and partly because he became a doctor at Dartmouth Medical School.
Dartmouth is located in scenic, rural New Hampshire in New England. Dr. Brian explains, “Our professors were incredibly humble and kind, yet famous – they commonly invited us students over to their homes for lunch or dinner where we met their own families. That is unheard of in any medical school. Virtually all graduates of Dartmouth Medical School had this example that shaped the types of doctors we became: ‘down-to-earth’ and being just plain nice to people. Those experiences back then helped shape how Dartmouth Medical School graduates practice medicine to this day – being kind and humble with our patients. ‘No egos allowed’.”
More About Dr. Brian:
- EARNED the reputation as “the doctor’s doctor” for being the choice of many doctors for their own vision correction as well as being consulted upon by many doctors for assistance/advice for their own patients.
- PIONEERED use of Intacs and Holcomb C3-R treatments for Keratoconus (which includes his proprietary technique) not available anywhere else.
- “WROTE THE BOOK” on Keratoconus, Corneal Crosslinking, and LASIK
- ENTRUSTED by the United States Olympic Committee to treat Bobsled Driver Steve Holcomb’s Keratoconus that enabled him to come back and win Olympic Gold
- INVENTED the I-Brite eye whitening procedure.
- VOTED as “Super Doctor” by Beverly Hills Magazine survey of doctors in California.
- PIONEEERED Visian ICL in-office procedure rooms in the United States.
- ELECTED by his peers as one of the world’s best refractive surgeons.
- RECEIVED the Achievement Awardand Senior Achievement Award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology in recognition for his participation in the scientific programs at the annual meetings over many years.
- FEATURED for his expertise on NBC Nightly News, CNN, Today Show, ABC News, CBS News, FOX News, KCAL9 News, PBS, Good Day LA, Dr. Phil’s The Doctors, and EXTRA to name a few.
- HONORED with Gold Medal Award by the IIIRSS for his scientific contributions to the field.
- INVITED to deliver hundreds of lectures on refractive surgery to thousands of eye surgeons from around the globe.
- TRUSTED by his patients, colleagues, state and federal government, and United States armed forces for his expertise.
- SELECTED as Director of UCLA Laser Refractive Center at Jules Stein Eye Institute.
- ESTABLISHED industry LASIK guidelines to reduce the risk of halos and glare.
- QUOTED in the Wall Street Journal, Beverly Hills Times, New York Times, Newsweek, Time, US News and World Report, USA Today, Vogue, Health, and Shape magazine among many others.
- UNITED STATES FDA INVESTIGATOR for 13 clinical research trials evaluating new technologies for vision correction.
- STUDIED at Dartmouth, Saint Louis University, Edinburgh University, and UCLA
- EDUCATED more than 1000 doctors on LASIK, Intacs, and insertable lenses.
- AUTHORED the trusted LASIK Consumer Report read by over 73,000 people.
- FOUNDED non-profit Giving Vision organization dedicated to providing eyecare to children in need.
- PUBLISHED AND INVITED TO INTERVIEW for more than 100 articles and book chapters.
- SERVED on board of directors to lead LASIK and Keratoconus non-profit organizations.
- RECEIVED the Faculty Award from the Joint Commission of Allied Health Professionals in Ophthalmology for many years of service for sharing his expertise, knowledge, and experience with others in the field.
For additional credentialing, media, and award substantiating information, including being recognized by peers as one of world’s best vision correction surgeons, as well as LASIK Consumer Report statistics, please see Click Here.
Please click on his resume titled “Dr. Brian’s CV” for further information about him.
Click Here to learn why Dr. Brian is considered “The Surgeon’s Surgeon.”
2010 Vision Awards
In 2010 Dr. Brian was honored along with his patient, Olympic Gold Medalist Steven Holcomb. Both are credited to increasing awareness in 2010 for modern Keratoconus treatments. The Jules Stein Living Tribute Award was presented to Dr. Brian for pioneering alternative treatments to the painful cornea transplant for Keratoconus patients. Steven Holcomb was presented with the Athlete of Vision Award for raising awareness that Keratoconus can be treated and vision restored. Steven had retired from bobsledding in 2007 when Keratoconus began to drastically affect his ability to safely drive his bobsled at mock speeds. Steven’s coaches knew Steven was the best hope for Olympic Gold so they researched the Keratoconus options and discovered Dr. Brian. After being treated by Dr. Brian in 2007, Steven went on to win World Cup events in 4-man bobsled and then triumphed at the 2010 Winter Olympics securing the Gold Medal in the 4-man bobsled event, the first for the USA in 62 years. At the Vision Awards several celebrities were presenters, including Will.i.am of the widely popular music group the Black Eyed Peas. Other honorees that evening included Buzz Aldrin (astronaut & 2nd person to walk on the moon), Lilly Tomlin (comedienne, best know for her characters Ernestine and Edith Ann on the show Laugh-In) and Steve Jobs (former Apple CEO).
Dr. Brian is regarded as one of the top leaders … (click here to continue reading)